World-Renowned Service by the Numbers
Beverly Hills is home to some of the finest hotels in the country with the second highest concentration of five star, five diamond properties in the United States, second only to New York City. With bespoke experiences available to each guest, it is no wonder the city’s hotels host countless celebrities, VIPS, government officials and royalty looking for a level of personalized luxury not available anywhere else. Here are fun facts about the great lengths these world-renowned properties take to go above and beyond for guests.
- At The Peninsula Beverly Hills the housekeeping valet takes more than 20,000 steps a day to ensure the property looks pristine at all times
- Each month approximately 50 four-legged guests are pampered with personalized towels, doggy beds and a menu with treats like “Spot’s New York Strip” and Peninsula Pages can be found walking these guests around the neighborhood daily
- Resident pianist Antonio Catillo de la Gala can play more than 2,000 tunes by heart
- The Peninsula fields 300+ concierge requests 24 hours a day with seven staff – and there is no request that they cannot fulfill with proper notice
- Montage Beverly Hills monograms more than 1,500 VIP pillowcases per year
- £10 at Montage Beverly Hills serves more than 5,000 drinks per year in its semi-private reservation-only setting, home to the last servings of the 64-year old $64,000 shot of The McCallum whiskey
- Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills keeps 100+ Boca terry robes customized with guests’ initials and kept on site for VIPs that stay at the property often
- Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills concierge often charters private planes and helicopters for guests
- At The Beverly Hills Hotel the celebrated red carpet entrance is touched up eight times a day and nearly 3,000 times a year to ensure guests receive the legendary welcome they have come to expect
- 273,750 lush white towels are used every year to cover the green and pink chaise lounges at the famous pool
- Of the 34,000 signature McCarthy Salads served at the 73-year old Polo Lounge, 13,600 of them are customized to guests’ preferences. No cheese, extra beets? No problem.
Read more about Beverly Hills hotels and plan your visit today!
Updated: April 7, 2016