Beverly Hills Television Classics at The Paley
The Paley Center for Media
465 North Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Tel: (310) 786-1000
Visit The Paley Center for Media during until 8 p.m. on Friday, August 4 to view screenings from Beverly Hills-themed classics, including I Love Lucy, The Jack Benny Program and The Beverly Hillbillies.
Guests will also be able to experience The Paley’s American Horror Story Exhibit, on display through August 14.
Event is free and open to the public. Screenings will be held at The John H. Mitchel Theater.
- 5:15 p.m. - Beverly Hills, 90210: “Everybody’s Talking ‘Bout It” - A school newspaper survey of teen sexual activity at West Beverly High is deemed by parents to be too controversial and is called off. Andrea, the editor of the paper, decides to wage a sexual education war against the parents and proposes that the school distribute condoms to students. Jason Priestley, Jennie Garth, Luke Perry, Gabrielle Carteris. (1992; 45 minutes)\
- 6:05 p.m. - I Love Lucy: "Job Switching" - In one of the most famous episodes in television history, Lucy and Ethel find jobs while Ricky and Fred do the housework. The candy factory-conveyor belt climax was inspired by Lucille Ball’s visit to the Beverly Hills chocolate store Edelweiss on N Canon Dr. Desi Arnaz, Vivian Vance. (1952; 25 minutes)
- 6:30 p.m. - I Love Lucy: “The Tour" - Lucy is on the loose on the streets of Beverly Hills! But before she manages to steal a grapefruit from movie tough-guy Richard Widmark’s backyard, she and Ethel take a sightseeing bus tour through Beverly Hills which features exterior shots along Lexington Rd. and Roxbury Dr., with Lucy and Desi’s actual home standing in for Widmark’s. (1955, 25 minutes)
- 6:55 p.m. - The Jack Benny Program: “Police Station Story - In order to recover his stolen Maxwell automobile, Jack must pay a visit to the lushly appointed Beverly Hills Police Department -- where the uniforms were designed by Don Loper. With Eddie “Rochester” Anderson, Don Wilson and Hayden (I Dream of Jeannie’s Dr. Bellows) Rorke as the snobby sergeant. Includes commercials. (1962; 30 minutes)
- 7:25 p.m. - The Beverly Hillbillies: “The Clampetts Strike Oil” - The premiere of this comedy series about a family of dim-witted mountain people made suddenly rich by the discovery of oil on their property, and their new lives in a Beverly Hills mansion. In this episode, Jed Clampett is advised by his cousin Pearl to move to Beverly Hills, where they acquire a home next door to the president of their bank. Buddy Ebsen, Irene Ryan, Donna Douglas, Max Baer Jr. (1962; 30 minutes)
9390 North Santa Monica Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Tel: (310) 746-4000