Plan for a BOLD Summer in Beverly Hills
Visit Beverly Hills Thursday, Friday and Saturday now through August 24 as the City goes BOLD (Beverly Hills Open Later Days) with extended shopping hours, live music, art installations, dining experiences and more!
Week 1 (August 1 – 3)
- Start the evening off with the reveal of 1.78 by Janet Echelman, a floating aerial sculpture suspended above North Santa Monica Boulevard between the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts and Beverly Gardens Park.
- Visit Rodeo Drive from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. for the BOLD Summer Kickoff when the street is transformed into a pedestrian-only extravaganza hosted by KTLA Morning Show’s Sam Rubin and Jessica Holmes. Enjoy live music by Spanish opera and rock singer Cristina Ramos, food trucks, a champagne garden, fireworks, as well as the unveiling of multiple art installations by Mr. Brainwash!
- Delight in special dining experiences available throughout August, which include a unique BOLD Summer Lunch Menu at Crustacean Beverly Hills, an extended cocktail hour at Beverly Wilshire's THEBlvd and more.
- Find inspiration at the Janet Echelman Talk at the Paley Center for Media at 7 p.m. to learn about 1.78, the floating aerial sculpture floating over North Santa Monica Boulevard.
- Enjoy extended shopping hours today (as well as all Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays during BOLD Summer) at participating retailers, spas, art galleries and more.
- And for those night owls, bask in the option of late-night dining at Il Tramezzino until 4 a.m. and Caffe Roma until 2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Begin your evening at 5 p.m. with art curator, Kate Stern on the Beverly Hills Art Walk & Trolley for a guided tour visiting some of the City’s art installations and renowned galleries.
- At 6 p.m., music lovers can enjoy the global sounds of CocoTiki – Polynesian Rockability, as a part of the new PROMS concert series on Saturday evenings in Beverly Cañon Gardens.
- Continue to enjoy extended shopping hours and take advantage of a wide array of special dining experiences at Maude Restaurant, Montage Beverly Hills, and much more! On your stroll, visit amazing BOLD art installations around the City for memorable photo moments.
- And last but not least, don’t miss the Summer Lounge on Rodeo to relax and enjoy sweet treats!
Week 2 (August 8 – 10)
- Shop along Beverly and Canon Drives with world-renowned fashion houses to one-of-a-kind local boutiques. And don't forget about Department Store Row in the Wilshire Boulevard corridor where retail titan Barneys New York is open until 8 p.m.
- Visit The Peninsula Beverly Hills from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. for the Emerging Artists Series at The Belvedere bringing LA’s vibrant street art to Beverly Hills., showcasing Sebastien Walker on August 8. With live pop/rock music filling the atmosphere, guests will enjoy specialty cocktails, bites and a bespoke art presentation.
- From 8 p.m. – 10 p.m. enjoy FYAC – Paris-born, LA-based artist considered one of the most versatile and musically diverse violinists today at Heritage Fine Wines.
- Into the night, experience a colorful and breathtaking floating aerial sculpture 1.78 by Janet Echelman. The sculpture hovers gently above North Santa Monica Boulevard between The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts and Beverly Gardens Park.
- At 6 p.m., start the evening with an Architectural Tour led by President of the Beverly Hills Historical Society, Phil Savenick, highlighting the beautiful architecture of the past and present on Rodeo Drive.
- Experience an immersive journey across two floors of the iconic 468 North Rodeo Drive building with Louis Vuitton X Exhibition. Admission is free and open to the public 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- After walking around town, indulge in some pampering at a Forbes Five Star spa or one of the City’s most coveted wellness centers.
- Throughout the evening, don’t forget about the special BOLD dining experiences at participating restaurants.
- Explore your creative side from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. at RWall Paint Lounge and unleash your inner artist. Today's session is for all ages & kids too!
- At 6 p.m. enjoy the sounds at Beverly Hills PROMS in Beverly Cañon Gardens with Yamila Guerra – Cuban Latin Jazz Band. Hint…if you miss the 6 p.m. set, the second set will begin at 7:15 p.m.
- Afterwards, relax on Rodeo Drive as you enjoy sweet summer treats and take in the sights, sounds and people of Beverly Hills during Summer Lounge on Rodeo Drive.
Week 3 (August 15 – 17)
- Enjoy Crustacean Beverly Hills’ extended RED HOUR (Happy Hour) prices all day long from 11:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. every Thursday in August! Sip on your favorite martini and enjoy Crustacean’s signature dishes in the beautiful bar and lounge.
- At 6 p.m. or 7:15 p.m. the Concerts on Canon series will feature a performance by Stephen S. Wise Temple (popular covers) at Beverly Cañon Gardens.
- An Instagram moment awaits you at Beverly Canon Gardens with the "Beverly Hills is Beautiful" art installation by Mr. Brainwash.
- Next door, indulge in the new restaurant pop-up, Summer of Ludo & Gilles at Montage Beverly Hills, where you will be transported to the South of France with an incredible menu of seasonal fare (reservations recommended).
- Strike a pose in front of the stairs and fountain on the south end of Two Rodeo Drive and become a part of the Hashtag Mosaic on Rodeo! Take a photo on your phone and then print on one of the lightning fast printers stationed at the mosaic before adhering it to the colorful wall. A surprise BOLD image will be revealed!
- Just a few blocks away is the Louis Vuitton X Exhibition showcasing 160 years of creative exchanges and artistic collaborations.
- Join in on the creativity of Color Me Mine, a paint-your-own-pottery studio dedicated to exploring The Art of Having Fun! until 9 p.m.
- If the sensory overload has left you famished, savor a late-night bite at a local favorite Il Tramezzino on North Canon Drive.
- Begin your evening at 5 p.m. with art curator, Kate Stern on the Beverly Hills Art Walk & Trolley for a complimentary guided tour visiting some of the City’s art installations and renowned galleries.
- Afterwards, enjoy exciting Beverly Hills PROMS performances in Beverly Cañon Gardens, featuring Richard Bernard Oy!Stars playing Klezmer, Yiddish, Israeli & more with sets at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m.
- While you are out, indulge in world-class shopping along Rodeo Drive - as well as neighboring streets - Beverly Drive, Canon Drive, Camden Drive, Brighton Way and Dayton Way.
- Don’t miss the Surprise Performance at 6:30 p.m. at the Beverly Hills Sign & Lily Pond that will sweep you off your feet. (Hint: Be on time so you don’t miss a beat!) Don't forget to look up and be mesmerized with 1.78 by Janet Echelman - a floating aerial sculpture suspended above North Santa Monica Boulevard.
Week 4 (August 22 – 24)
- Take a Summer stroll along Beverly Gardens Park to see art sculptures and the famous century-old Beverly Hills Sign and Lily Pond, one of the best Instagram moments in Beverly Hills.
- Next stop is a walk to Beverly Cañon Gardens where you can listen and relax to the Concerts on Cañon featuring performances at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. with Joyce Partise Quintet playing Brazilian Bossa Nova & Samba.
- And finally, take advantage of al fresco dining with special dining experiences at participating restaurants! For late night adventurers, discover the "hidden gem in the heart of Beverly Hills" as regulars would say, at Caffe Roma until 1 a.m.
- Spend time at the shops along Brighton Way and South Santa Monica Blvd that are filled with one-of-a-kind boutiques, visit our participating retailers who have extended shopping hours.
- Rodeo Drive has an extravagant and unique history. Join our public Architectural Tours by local history enthusiast and President of the Beverly Hills Historical Society, Phil Savenick.
- From 6 p.m. - 11 p.m., from the beautiful rooftop of Heritage Fine Wines, celebrate art, music, and a performance tribute to the bohemian and circus lifestyle. It is a private rooftop, so get your tickets today before they sell out!
- Curtis Stone's Maude Restaurant offers an intimate summer dining experience that is not to be missed! Enjoy your perfect Beverly Hills day with a Champagne France Tasting Menu (reservation recommended).
- Walk around town to capture those last photo moments with the convenient map of Art Locations.
- From 10 a.m. - 9 p.m., engage and experience an exhilarating exploration of Louis Vuitton's ongoing dialogue between the past and the future, heritage and modernity, savoir-faire and innovation at Louis Vuitton X Exhibition.
- From 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. BOLD Summer festivities will come to a grand finale on South Beverly Drive with “Next Night 2019 – The BOLD Finale,” presented by Next Beverly Hills. Enjoy live entertainment, dancing, food and more!
- As you’re leaving the night’s festivities, don’t forget to capture the awe of Janet Echelman’s Floating Aerial Sculpture 1.78 over North Santa Monica Boulevard.
To discover additional BOLD Summer events every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from August 1-24, please click here.