Wedding Dress Shopping
Engaged? There’s no better place than Beverly Hills to shop for THE gown and outfits for all of your upcoming wedding events and festivities!
- Gather your girls and start the morning on South Beverly Drive. Parking is recommended at the City of Beverly Hills parking structure at 216 South Beverly Drive, just south of Charleville Boulevard, where your first two hours are free.
- Enjoy breakfast at Chaumont Bakery & Café, a small French cafe, offering breakfast dishes such as Smoked Salmon with poached eggs, a freshly baked croissant and hollandaise sauce and the Vegetables Omelette with zucchini, broccoli, caramelized onions and goat cheese. With fresh ground coffee, smoothies and fresh squeezed orange juice, you’ll find Chaumont Bakery to be the perfect place to map out the day ahead.
- Walk to Anthropologie, just down the street and head to the mezzanine level where you’ll find the BHLDN (pronounced ‘beholden’) bridal showroom. Here, you can shop for bridal gowns, bridesmaids’ dresses, accessories and party décor. Though anyone can tour the space and browse the racks, the only way to try on one of the gowns is to have an appointment, so call ahead to make yours. (310) 385-7390
- Next, head to Winnie Couture on Wilshire Blvd., just east of Canon Drive. Here, you’ll find pink draperies and white chandeliers as well as the latest designs from Winnie Chlomin Lee. From the color and material to the neckline and hem, each of the gorgeous gowns in this flagship boutique can be customized to fit your needs. The salon is available by appointment only, so remember to contact the boutique in advance. (310) 858-8868
- Walk to Department Store Row and visit the bridal salon at Saks Fifth Avenue. Located on the 4th floor, the salon carries gowns from Oscar De La Renta, Carolina Herrera, J. Mendel, Elizabeth Fillmore and many others. In addition to the bridal salon, Saks also houses a salon and spa which can offer much needed pampering - massages, facials, bridal hair, makeup, manicures and pedicures - as you near your big day. (310) 887-5509
- If your fiancé is still searching for his perfect groom ensemble, the Saks Fifth Avenue Men’s Store is the perfect place to find formalwear and made-to-measure suiting as well as shows, men’s skin care and fragrances. The men’s store also houses John Allan’s, a spa for men offering haircuts, straight razor shaves, facials, manicures, pedicures and shoeshine services. (310) 275-4211
- After trying on the designer gowns at Saks, stroll over to Villa Blanca for lunch. With spectacular floral displays, white pillars and crystal covered accents, Villa Blanca offers a beautiful setting for lunch with your girls. The menu offers a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta, risotto, and sandwiches, as well as pizza and more hearty dishes such as Pan Roasted Prime Atlantic Salmon. Whatever you choose, save room for dessert as you won’t want to miss out on the Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake, Crème brûlée or English Toffee Pudding. Since Villa Blanca is such a popular lunch spot, reservations are highly recommended. (310) 859-7600
- Now that you’ve recapped the morning’s events, it’s time to visit Rodeo Drive. Step inside the Vera Wang boutique, situated in between South Santa Monica Blvd. and Brighton Way to try on the latest designs from the undisputed queen of bridal, Vera Wang. A mesmerizing floor to ceiling video art installation known as “The Kiss,” greets you at the base of the stairs leading to the bridal collection. With an edgy all-black interior, the white iconic gowns pop against the blackened floors, walls and fixtures. As you try on the fabulous Vera Wang gowns, take a moment to peer out the window onto Rodeo Drive and soak in the day. As with the other boutiques on this list, an appointment is required. (323) 602-0174
- Wrap up the day with Afternoon Tea at The Living Room, inside The Peninsula Beverly Hills. Served daily at 12 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 5 p.m., enjoy sweets such as Coconut Key Lime Tartlet and Chocolate Peppermint Bonbon and sandwiches, like House Smoked Salmon and Camembert with tomato and pesto, while you drink from a selection of teas. Toast the special day – and hopefully the success of finding your perfect gown - with a glass of champagne, which is also available as a part of your tea service. (310) 975-2736