Beverly Hills: City of WELLTH - A Citywide Initiative Highlighting the Luxury Destination's World-Class Health and Wellness Offerings Launches Today
Kicking off with an expert panel featuring Supermodel and Actress, Christie Brinkley, the city will offer a host of experiences at hotels, restaurants and spas throughout summer.
(BEVERLY HILLS; MAY 11, 2017) – Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau announces today the launch of Beverly Hills: City of WELLTH, bringing together leading experts for a season of wellness and mindfulness activities.
Playing on the words “wealth” and health and wellness, Beverly Hills has chosen “WELLTH” as the theme for the campaign. First identified in a book of the same name written by mindbodygreen founder Jason Wachob, WELLTH defines a move away from a drive for money and possessions to a less materialistic and more valuable life currency that encompasses wellness and is exemplified by health, purpose and happiness.
Iconic Supermodel Christie Brinkley, a vegetarian since the age 14 and committed to an organic lifestyle, expresses her appreciation of the initiative stating “I'm thrilled to be involved with the launch of the City of WELLTH. A healthy, holistic lifestyle has been intrinsic to my long career in the fashion and beauty industry. A balanced approach to diet, exercise and mindfulness is the key to happiness and life long vitality. Wellness is glamorous!”
“The shifting status quo of how success is now perceived in terms of health and wellbeing, rather than through material and financial wealth, means the desire for WELLTH is now a key factor in people’s choice of travel destination. Beverly Hills: City of WELLTH exemplifies the destination’s continual innovation to create inviting options for visitors, and places wellbeing at the forefront of its world-class accommodation, dining, and spa and offerings,” comments Julie Wagner, CEO of Beverly Hills Conference and Visitors Bureau. The city will be showcasing a range of activities inspired by the pillars of WELLTH: Move, Eat, Restore, Gratitude and Explore.
To mark the launch today, Jason Wachob leads a forum highlighting the WELLTH concept and what makes Beverly Hills the City of WELLTH. Experts in each pillar are joining Jason at Alo Yoga in Beverly Hills to discuss their own areas of expertise, the interplay between each pillar and how Beverly Hills contributes to the wellbeing of its visitors. These include Caley Alyssa (MOVE), Matthew Kenney (EAT), Dana Claudat (RESTORE), James Duigan (GRATITUDE), and Charlie Knoles (EXPLORE).
Hotels across the city are getting involved with unique WELLTH packages room and spa packag-es. These include: The Beverly Hills Hotel, The Beverly Hilton, Beverly Wilshire (A Four Sea-sons hotel), Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, Montage Beverly Hills, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, SIXTY Beverly Hills, Viceroy L’Ermitage Beverly Hills and Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills (full details below.) Terms and conditions apply, visit lovebeverlyhills.com/wellth for details and booking contact for all packages.
Wellthy meals are also available at a number of participating restaurants in Beverly Hills, showcasing specials that fall under one or more criteria: locally sourced, plant-based, vegan, paleo or utilizing meat that is grass-fed or hormone-free. Restaurants and cafes are listed below and can also be found at lovebeverlyhills.com/wellth.
Travelers will also be able to find out their 902*IQ through a fun, engaging and insightful quiz, hosted at lovebeverlyhills.com/quiz. Participants will be able to check their current wellthy life-style score and learn how to improve it through various Move, Eat, Restore, show Gratitude and Explore experiences in Beverly Hills. This score can also be shared on social media with the hashtag #BHWellth.
Wellness is an ongoing focus in Beverly Hills, with Mindful in May events across the city, including a community celebration with Dr. Deepak Chopra. The best-selling author of more than 85 books, will be leading a guided meditation session outside on City Hall grounds on May 12.
Wagner continues, “Beverly Hills has everything for the individual looking for a destination with wellbeing at its heart. WELLTH is not a trend in Beverly Hills, it’s a lifestyle.”
- Jason Wachob - Experiencing both the physical and mental demands from working on Wall Street, Jason Wachob traded financial wealth for a new life currency. As the WELLTH campaign spokesperson, Wachob touches on all the health pillars in his book, Wellth: How I Learned to Build a Life, Not a Résume that redefines successful living. As the Founder and CEO of mindbodygreen, the leading independent media brand dedicated to wellness with over 10 million monthly unique visitors, Wachob has been featured in The New York Times, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Goop and Vogue.
- Christie Brinkley - Supermodel, actress, best-selling author, and entrepreneur Christie Brinkley has appeared on more than 500 magazine covers worldwide. Combining her modeling experience with her artistic talents and diverse interests, Christie is one of the most recognized and respected models in the world has been photographed in six continents and more than 30 countries. She is the author of Timeless Beauty; Over 100 Tips, Secrets, and Shortcuts to Looking Great which debuted on the New York Times Bestseller list and remained for 11weeks in 2015 and launched The Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare in May 2016, a line of fresh and fashionable wigs and hairpieces as part of the Hair2Wear Christie Brinkley Collection. A vegetarian since the age 14 and committed to an organic lifestyle, recently launched an exclusive line of Organic Prosecco called Bellissima, from Italy in Summer 2016. As one of the most famous Sports Illustrated Swimsuit icons, Christie, 63-years-young, returned to the pages of SI Swimsuit this year, and proved that age is nothing more than a number. She came back in a bikini, and this time, a first for the brand, she is joined by daughters Sailor Brinkley Cook and Alexa Ray Joel.
WELLTH pillar representatives
- MOVE - Caley Alyssa
Movement brought balance to Caley Alyssa’s life, allowing her to grow in her career and become an internationally recognized yoga teacher. Overcoming life's challenges through her yoga practice is what has allowed her to thrive as our MOVE pillar spokesper-son. Alo Yoga in Beverly Hills has been Alyssa’s studio where she often posts inspirational photos and instructional videos for over 100,000 followers across her social media platforms. During the panel, Caley will discuss how fitness is an integrated part of life rather than an after-thought, why programs combining different movements are the future, and how fitness continues to evolve to value the needs of every individual.
- EAT - Matthey Kenney
Representing the EAT pillar, Kenney’s success as a best-selling author, educator and entrepreneur come as a result of his simplistic approach to cooking, his innate understanding of seasonal and local ingredients, his classical training and extensive travel background. His Beverly Hills connection was cemented with the opening of Matthew Kenney NM inside Neiman Marcus Beverly Hills. His innovative plant-based dishes have earned him two nominations as a Rising Star Chef in America by the James Beard Foundation and has been named one of America’s Best New Chefs by Food & Wine magazine. He has been a spokesperson on numerous talk shows and regularly lectures on the topic of food and health. Kenney will discuss the importance of utilizing seasonal, local ingredients, fighting food waste as well as treating food as medicine that improves overall wellbeing.
- RESTORE - Dana Claudat
Dana Claudat speaks to the RESTORE pillar by sharing tips on how to disconnect from life’s distractions, allowing positive energy to flow freely as a result of Feng Shui practices. A Stanford-educated art historian with nearly a decade of experience in design, Claudat has worked with Beverly Hills and Hollywood A-List creators as well as vibrant entrepreneurs around the world seeking more creativity, clarity, love and empowerment in their homes and their lives. Claudat will be talking about how to encourage restful sleep using Feng Shui and how this positive energy restores and contributes to WELLTH.
- GRATITUDE - James Duigan
As the founder of Bodyism, an exclusive UK company that offers bespoke personal training and wellness solutions, James Duigan shares his appreciation of fitness as the GRATITUDE spokesperson. Duigan’s interest in ‘total wellbeing’ has enabled men and women around the globe to realize their physical potential and transform and thrive in all aspects of their lives. His attitude and expertise have placed him in high demand on both sides of the Atlantic, where his Clean and Lean philosophy has garnered global press interest. During the event, Duigan will discuss how Gratitude is integral to his life and how it contributes to his personal WELLTH as well as his work, which he refers to as ‘the business of kindness.’
- EXPLORE - Charlie Knoles
Following in his father’s footsteps, Charlie Knoles, who represents the EXPLORE pillar, began practicing Vedic meditation at the age of four. After completing his training as a meditation teacher, Knoles developed a new curriculum that involved a deep immersion into Vedic culture in the Himalayan Mountains of India. His work as a meditation teacher has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Well+Good, and mindbodygreen. While he is based in Bali, Knoles frequently visits cities in the U.S. sharing his innovative teaching methods to Beverly Hills celebrities, CEOs, monks and stay-at-home fathers. During the event, Knoles will discuss how to increase WELLTH by exploring the mind and earth.
City of WELLTH hotel offerings:
- The Beverly Hills Hotel’s is featuring a La Prairie Spa Package where guests will receive $200-$400 spa credit, valid at the hotel’s acclaimed Spa by La Prairie, depending on the number of reserved nights. Their One-Night Rejuvenation Package includes daily breakfast for two (up to $95), one 60-minute Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Facial, one La Prairie Spa take home gift and one $200 dining credit to be used anywhere at the hotel.
- The Beverly Hilton is offering a Rejuvenation Package with overnight accommodations, a private consultation with a skin care expert, a 50-minute customized Skin Performance Facial and a locally-sourced three-course lunch with a detox green juice.
- Beverly Wilshire, A Four Seasons Hotel is offering the Be Well, Be Luxe Spa Package including overnight accommodation and a $400 spa credit to their award winning spa.
- Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel has the Rejuvenate on Rodeo package, including overnight accommodations, access to the Luxe Club and a choice of a spa treatment at The Spa on Rodeo
- Montage Beverly Hills offers Relax and Revive which includes overnight accommodation with a complimentary upgrade, daily $100 spa credit towards any treatment at Spa Montage Beverly Hills, daily $95 breakfast credit valid at Georgie, The Rooftop Grill or In-Room Dining. Use the promo code RANDR to enjoy this special offer for stays through August 31, 2017.
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills’ 1, 2 and 3 Day Wellness ‘Retreat’ packages feature activities such as moonlight meditation, sunrise yoga, personal training sessions, a guided hike, healthy meal plan and more.
- Guests reserving the SIXTY Beverly Hills’ Wellness Package instantly receive an upgrade to a larger guest room that includes an energy boosting ‘Super-Food’ breakfast or a handcrafted smoothie in the hotel’s restaurant, Caulfield’s.
- At the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, guests can reserve the Detox & Cleanse Package that includes one night in a King or Queen Deluxe Room, a detoxifying bath and massage infused with ginger, coriander and plai essential oils as well as a cleansing tea ceremony service at the end the day. Terms and conditions apply.
- The Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills WELLTH package includes overnight ac-commodation, Mission 360 month long membership, Clover fresh pressed juice upon ar-rival, a nourishing breakfast at Avec Nous and luxurious Green Tea & Ginger Body Wrap.
City of WELLTH restaurant offerings:
- Bedford & Burns – 369 N Bedford Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- Bouchon – 235 North Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Citizen – 184 North Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- The Farm of Beverly Hills – 439 North Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Greenleaf Gourmet Chopshop – 9671 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
- M Café – 9433 Brighton Way, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Prospect Gourmand – 272 South La Cienega Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Porta Via – 424 North Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Xi'an – 362 North Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Gratitude – 419 North Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Matthew Kenney NM – 9700 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Coral Tree Café – 225 S Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Ladurée – 311 North Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
- Comoncy Café – 413 North Bedford Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
City of WELLTH spa offering:
- The Spa on Rodeo –421 North Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
About Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills is one of the world’s most sought-after locales. Centrally located in greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills is a premier holiday and business travel destination, with beautiful weather year-round, acclaimed full-service and boutique hotel accommodations, superb dining, and unrivalled shopping. Synonymous with Hollywood glamour, Beverly Hills enjoys an international reputation as the home and playground of A-list movie stars. The city is not only known worldwide for its grand mansions and chic shops along Rodeo Drive, but also for its multitude of art and architecture, spas and salons, and exceptional walkability.
For more information on the Beverly Hills CITY OF WELLTH visit lovebeverlyhills.com/wellth