"BOLD" — Beverly Hills Open Later Days — Is Coming: For the First Time Ever, the City Energizes August Evenings on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays with Events and Activities
A fireworks show kicks off a month of events including extended weekend shopping hours, live DJ performances, luxury car test drives and more.
(BEVERLY HILLS; JULY 18, 2017) Beverly Hills has always been known as a shopper’s paradise, with one-of-a-kind boutiques to world-renowned fashion houses, and now, with new later hours and vibrant entertainment offerings, the heart of the city is the place to be on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights in August. Beginning August 3, 2017 BOLD (Beverly Hills Open Later Days) gives tourists and locals a chance to enjoy the best of Beverly Hills beyond regular business hours. Nearly 90 retail businesses such as Chanel, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, to name a few, will stay open until 8 p.m., and the city will feature live entertainment from popular DJs, style sessions with fashion influencers, and luxury car test drives along Rodeo Drive.
“I can’t wait to share Beverly Hills after dark with the rest of the world this August! Our summer night parties appeal to the entire family, from fashion lovers to foodies of all ages. We will have music, street art and shopping incentives, all with a special Beverly Hills twist,” Lili Bosse, Mayor of Beverly Hills, says.
Some of the activities taking place during BOLD includes:
- A fireworks display on the evening of Thursday, August 3
- Unique Beverly Hills sidewalk art adorning the streets of the Golden Triangle, with each creatively designed by the stores themselves
- Live mannequins strategically placed at various retail stores along Beverly and Rodeo Drives and a beautifully choreographed performance that comes to life on a surprise BOLD evening
- Artist Ed Massey, most recently known for his installation of spheres at MacArthur Park, will launch a temporary exhibit in the Lily Pond at Beverly Gardens Park on August 2 showcasing hundreds of colorful glow-in-the-dark floating discs (Massey previously worked with the City of Beverly Hills to design the Beverly Hills High School oil well cover, which is still on display today)
- Popular DJs such as DJ Reprise spinning on select nights
- Fashion influencers giving shoppers personal tips and style advice
- Ride & Drive opportunities with luxury cars
- A number of restaurants featuring dining offers for receipts showing purchases from nearby shops made after 6 p.m. (rules and restrictions apply to each offer); Offers include an appetizer at Bouchon Bistro, bruschetta at Il Fornaio, a glass of bubbles at Ocean Prime and more
- Mayor Lili Bosse leading an Evening Walk with the Mayor on August 10
- Beverly Hills-branded café carts featuring food and retail items
- The 200 block of Rodeo Drive will have café tables and chairs for visitors to relax and enjoy the action
- Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau will be offering a promotional code to receive $5 off Lyft transportation to Beverly Hills
WHEN: Starting August 3, 2017; Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings in August 2017
About Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills is one of the world’s most sought-after locales. Centrally located in greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills is a desirable residence and premier vacation and business travel destination. Within its 5.7 square mile radius, Beverly Hills has approximately 34,000 residents with a business and commercial base that ranks next to cities with a population of several hundred thousand. It boasts beautiful weather year-round, acclaimed full-service and boutique hotel accommodations, sumptuous dining and incomparable shopping. Synonymous with Hollywood glamour, Beverly Hills enjoys an international reputation as the home and playground of A-list movie stars. The city is not only known worldwide for its grand mansions and chic shops along Rodeo Drive, but also for its multitude of art and architecture, spas and salons, and its exceptional walkability.