"BOLD" — Beverly Hills Open Later Days — Kicked Off Last Night With a Concert from Grammy-Award Winning Poncho Sanchez, Fireworks, Street Performances and More
A month of extended store hours and activities each Thursday, Friday and Saturday in August brings new life to Beverly Hills after dark
(BEVERLY HILLS, CA; AUGUST 4, 2017) – Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau announced the launch of BOLD (Beverly Hills Open Later Days) last night—a new city-wide initiative designed to offer tourists and locals a chance to enjoy the best of Beverly Hills beyond regular business hours.
Mayor Lili Bosse officially opened BOLD last night in a reception at the Luxe Rodeo Hotel and stated: “We’re thrilled to announce this initiative as it reflects the best of Beverly Hills today and signals the start of a new era for the city. The exciting vibe, energy, and charisma will make visitors want to come during the day and stay through the night. We are luxury, elegance and community, and we are BOLD!”
Throughout the month of August, visitors to Beverly Hills will have the opportunity to visit shops at nearly 90 retail businesses such as Chanel, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana and Louis Vuitton to name a few, each Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in August until 8:00 p.m. The city will also feature an abundance of complimentary activities such as live entertainment from popular DJs, style sessions with fashion influencers and luxury car test drives along Rodeo Drive.
To celebrate the launch, Beverly Hills treated attendees to a free performance by Grammy-Award winning Latin jazz and conguero and band leader, Poncho Sanchez. Guests were also able to enjoy Rodeo Drive’s popular #ONLYONRODEO Floral Art Installation and take “shoe-fies” with sidewalk art stamps displayed in front of many Beverly Hills stores. The opening night festivities concluded with fireworks.
A calendar of complimentary activities can be found here (and below). Highlights include:
- Fashion Influencer Store Appearances and Other Fashion Happenings: Notable fashion influencers will be making appearances to share style advice with Beverly Hills shoppers. On August 5, Brad Goreski will be at Louis Vuitton and on August 24, Marianna Hewitt will share her favorite tips and tricks at Ferragamo. In addition, on one of the nights of BOLD, Live Mannequins strategically placed at various retail stores will come together in a surprise performance.
- Culinary Offerings: Various Beverly Hills restaurants are participating in BOLD as well, including Gratitude, Bouchon, Ocean Prime, and La Dolce Vita, offering specials to shoppers who show a receipt after making a purchase in one of the participating BOLD stores between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. on BOLD nights. Each Saturday, food & beverage carts will provide local favorites on Rodeo Drive too. Details on participating restaurants can be found here.
- Art & Cultural Experiences: Ed Massey, known for his vibrant artwork on the Lifeguard Towers from Palos Verdes Peninsula to Malibu's Zuma Beach, shares his “Portraits of Hope: Neon Nights” exhibit at the historic Beverly Hills Sign and Lily Pond, which has been transformed with more than 1,000 art discs painted in eye-popping, fluorescent colors. 3-D glasses will be available so visitors can witness the colors rising from the water. The Paley Center for Media will stay open late to share the American Horror Story costume exhibit, and offer special opening weekend screenings today from classic Beverly Hills themed sitcoms including I Love Lucy, The Jack Benny Program, and The Beverly Hillbillies among others. Additionally, the extraordinary Hershey Felder has returned to the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, for the Los Angeles Premiere of his newest work, "Our Great Tchaikovsky,” and will be performing through August 13.
- Additional Entertainment and Activities: On BOLD nights throughout the month, the fun continues with live DJs at Two Rodeo Drive, including one of LA’s premier DJs, DJ Reprise who will be performing tonight, as well as on August 5, 12 and 19. And each Thursday night, the always popular Concerts on Canon will delight audiences in the Beverly Canon Gardens—between the Montage Beverly Hills and Bouchon Bistro—with performances featuring the sounds of New Orleans Jazz, Salsa, Brazilian Jazz and Classic Rock.
- Summer Ride & Drives with Maserati Beverly Hills: Maserati Beverly Hills displayed their convertible models of the Levante, Levante S, Ghibli, Ghibli S, Quattroporte, and Gran Turismo Coupe on Rodeo Drive and offered free Ride & Drives of the Ghibli S, Levante, and Gran Turismo. Ride and drives with other luxury car makers will continue August 11, 18, and 25 from 5-8:30 p.m. on Dayton Way in front of Cartier.
Lastly, for those seeking the ease of a car-free night at BOLD, Beverly Hills has partnered with Lyft to provide one-time only $5 off any ride to Beverly Hills every Thursday, Friday and Saturday in August from 5:30-8:00 p.m. These can be redeemed by entering the promo code BHOPENLATE in the promos section on the Lyft app when the ride is initially booked. Designated BOLD drop-off locations are at Beverly Canon Gardens and Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel. Quantities are limited.
About Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills is one of the world’s most sought-after locales. Centrally located in greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills is a desirable residence and premier vacation and business travel destination. Within its 5.7 square mile radius, Beverly Hills has approximately 34,000 residents with a business and commercial base that ranks next to cities with a population of several hundred thousand. It boasts beautiful weather year-round, acclaimed full-service and boutique hotel accommodations, sumptuous dining and incomparable shopping. Synonymous with Hollywood glamour, Beverly Hills enjoys an international reputation as the home and playground of A-list movie stars. The city is not only known worldwide for its grand mansions and chic shops along Rodeo Drive, but also for its multitude of art and architecture, spas and salons, and its exceptional walkability. For more information, visit beverlyhills.org.