Where to Spot a Celebrity in Beverly Hills
Picture this, you're walking down iconic Rodeo Drive when suddenly you spot a famous face you've seen on the big screen. Whether you're in Beverly Hills for a week or the day, it's always fun to spot a celebrity and take the story back home from that time you were in the 90210. So, where do the celebrities and influencers hang out in the city? What spots do celebrities frequent?
While it's not a guarantee, here are some spots known to be loved by the rich and famous.
Chic and Trendy Restaurants
If you’re lucky, you might catch a glimpse of one of your favorite celebrities sitting at a table, grabbing a latte or going out for the night at one of these restaurants and cafes.
- Croft Alley: This Beverly Hills eatery is a popular casual dining spot that is frequented by supermodel and socialite Kendall Jenner, TikTok star Addison Rae and more. Because it’s a casual spot, you won’t see celebrities dressed to the nines. They will most likely be sporting casual attire, sunglasses and a hat. This place is so cool, it doesn’t even have a sign!
- The Polo Lounge at The Beverly Hills Hotel: A longtime Beverly Hills favorite, The Polo Lounge at The Beverly Hills Hotel is the spot to visit for a chance to spot someone like Jennifer Lopez, Elton John, Nicole Kidman, Steve Martin or one of many other A-Listers. The ‘Pink Palace,’ once home to Marilyn Monroe, Howard Hughes and Elizabeth Taylor, is a must-visit spot not just for a celebrity sighting but also for the food, drinks and atmosphere!
- Funke: This upscale restaurant by Evan Funke is where Kim Kardashian recently celebrated her birthday with famous family and friends including her Kardashian/Jenner sisters, Sofia Vergara and Lauren Sanchez.
- Wally’s Beverly Hills: This one-stop shop for everything delicious – from cheese to caviar, artisanal chocolates and more – is a celebrity favorite. A-Listers who have been seen dining at Wally’s Beverly Hills include Justin Bieber, Bad Bunny, Rihanna, A$AP Rocky, Tom Cruise, Adele and more.
- Mr. Chow: This world-famous dining experience serves up high-end Beijing cuisine known to be loved by notable figures including Jennifer Aniston, George Clooney and more.
- Spago Beverly Hills: This fine-dining flagship restaurant by Wolfgang Puck serves up a seasonal a la carte menu and California favorites and the restaurant has seen everyone from Bradley Cooper to Tom Hanks and Gwen Stefani.
- Erewhon: Celebrities are just like us and they need to grocery shop, too. But where? This upscale grocery store, which you’ve probably heard about on TikTok, is loved by celebrities like Miley Cyrus, Kaia Gerber, Jake Gyllenhaal, Bella Hadid and the list goes on. Erewhon continues to grab attention from visitors, A-Listers and even the fashion industry with a recent Balenciaga merchandise launch – Balenciaga x Erewhon. You might even consider popping in for the world-famous Hailey Bieber smoothie while you keep your eye out for celebrities!
If you want to run into a celebrity, you’ll want to shop where they do too. The world-famous Rodeo Drive attracts celebrity shoppers with its luxury designers and flagship boutiques. Celebrities might not walk in through the front door like everyone else and they’ll probably be sporting an incognito look, but who knows? You might be one of the lucky few to spot John Legend and Chrissy Teigen walking by Gucci.
In addition to Rodeo Drive, where you can find the biggest Chanel store in the United States, you might want to consider visiting the Rodeo Collection, Two Rodeo and neighboring streets within the Golden Triangle, full of boutiques and shops loved by superstars.
Photo Credit: Daily Mail/Backgrid
Awards Season Glamour and A-List Sightings
Awards season in Beverly Hills is akin to a star-studded extravaganza which means ample opportunities for celebrity sightings. The Beverly Hilton becomes the epicenter of glamour during the Golden Globes and attracts A-listers from the entertainment industry. The 2024 Golden Globes saw everyone from Margot Robbie and Robert Downey Jr. to Robert De Niro and Taylor Swift.
The Vanity Fair post-awards party in Beverly Hills and the Oscars Nominees Luncheon held at The Beverly Hilton draws in all your favorite actors as they celebrate achievement in film and television. Attendees may vary year to year, but one thing we do know is celebrities make their way to Beverly Hills and the city becomes a playground for those eager to catch a glimpse of their favorite stars.
Spa Days and Iconic Stays
While most people consider spa treatments a luxury, celebrities consider them a necessity – especially during awards season! So, where can you treat yourself to a one-of-a-kind spa experience, feel like a VIP and hope to see a VIP?
- Chris McMillan The Salon: Where do celebrities go to make their hair look beautiful? This salon on Burton Way with an extensive celebrity client base within the salon, from musicians to actors and sports legends. Celebrities like the favorite of celebrities like Jennifer Aniston, Salma Hayek, Anne Hathaway, Julie Roberts, Courtney Cox and many more trust these award-winning hair stylists with their hair for everything from an engagement to an award show and debuting a new look. If you’re passing by, you might spot an A-Lister walking into the exclusive salon.
- Hotel spas and day spas in Beverly Hills are like no other! Your chances of spotting a celebrity are lower due to privacy, but you will be the one feeling like a VIP during a luxury spa treatment.
Tours and Celebrity Homes
Starline Tours offers hop-on/hop-off services throughout the Westside, including Beverly Hills, where you can take a Celebrity Homes tour. While Lionel Richie may not welcome you into his home for a personal tour, you’ll at least catch a glimpse of his driveway (it’s a very nice driveway) and you’ll see the beautiful estates celebrities call home.
Pedal through Beverly Hills, exploring legendary neighborhoods on a Bikes and Hikes two and half hour trip. You’ll cruise down Rodeo Drive, zip through extravagant gardens and roll past celebrity homes.
Up your odds of spotting a VIP by simply strolling through the city, taking in all the beautiful shops and gardens.
If there’s one more tip to share, it’s this: celebrities are not always dressed for the red carpet! They’re likely to be sporting casual, stylish attire.
Published January 9, 2024